Thursday, April 01, 2004

Give me a ticket for an aeroplane

We're booked.

We're goin' to Jackson, WY in late May. The Tetons. Yellowstone. Whitewater. Mountains. High Plains. Auurrr-auurr-AURRRH-auuur-AAAUUURRR!

Do ya THINK I'm psyched? I mean... well look at this guy's site. How could anyone not be?

Staying in a nice bed & breakfast, and we'll be sharing the trip with Sam and Connie, who've been there before. The feet will hike. The shutters will click. The air will be breathed. We'll talk to God and listen to the casual reply....

Did I mention I'm psyched?

Listening to some Robert Johnson blues today after hearing Clapton's latest. Found Robert Johnson's Complete Recordings on Rhapsody. A man, an acoustic guitar, and the blues. It don't get much more simple than that.

I'm contemplating packing the backpacker along to Wyoming... and just how to do that. You used to be able to carry them on, but post 9-11 I'll probably have to check it -- which means I'll need to build a beefier case for it if I wanna bring it. And you know I do.

Vicki's tonsilectomy is next week. I am so not looking forward to that. I have an over-developed sense of empathy, and you never want to see a loved one go through pain -- I'm taking thursday and friday off to hover over her and take care of her. They're going to give her narcs... but still....

Kev was over last night for a burger and to show off his new "Super Remote"... does IR/RF and relaying. He was using it to control our TV & sattelite. I wanted to see if we could program the cat. Make him go to the litterbox, etc. ;-) I'm tempted to get a flat-panel 15" to replace the ugly box in the bedroom. If you're going to have a TV in the bedroom, it should be as inconspicuous as possible. But I'd need some sort of relay remote so I don't have to mount the sattelite receiever on the wall. U-G-L-Y. But it's still $400... and I have other things to spend that on. Still, you start and end each day in your bedroom and it should look nice.

Well, gotta get going....

*Shazzam!*