Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And a Happy New Year

I have been remiss in my posting.  Well, it is a busy time of year.
 
We got NO Christmas cards out this year.  Maybe that should be my New Years Resolution -- get Christmas cards out next year.  I don't want people to think we don't like them or care about them or we forgot about them.  So, to all of you who didn't get Christmas Cards this year, and you know who you are... we were thinking about you... but they just never got done.
 
Over the Holidays, I did manage to get some home projects done.  Fixed (thawed) the defrost cycle drain in the freezer so water doesn't drain into the freezer (that'd been going on for months), fixed the water-heater leak which has been growing in severity for the past several weeks, and fixed the rinse-aid dispenser in the dishwasher which was clogged with crystalized rinse-aid or dishwashing soap. 
 
Of course, now there's a kitchen drawer to fix... and something else.. oh yeah, the drier switch that won't turn off automatically like it's supposed to at the end of the cycle.
 
Had a nice visit with the mother-in-law.  Kevin went up to get her, and then she went home with some family friends, Gretchen's parents.  Took her to Mark & Gretchen's last thursday and had a very nice visit with them.  Connor, their baby, is about as well-mannered a baby as I've ever seen.  Even disposition.  Seems very happy.  They must be doing something right.
 
For Christmas, I reeled in some music -- Frank Sinatra's "A Man and His Music", which dad had while I was growing up.  Classic stuff -- I think it was a 50th birthday concert, and it's well over an hour and a half.  Also got the Doo Wop Box Set, and Alisson Kraus' live DVD.  Oh, and the HItchhiker's Guide movie.  It was ... ok.  Not as funny as the books.  I'd say it was loosely based on parts of the books.
 
I also got a cool remote-control electric lantern which is fun for "luxury camping" and a guitar humidifier.
 
Vicki got mostly movies and some perfume.  And a pair of boots.  Nice.  Red.  Heels.  <wolf-whistle>
 
New Years we had the brothers and did hot wings.  Ryan and Kristie dropped in late, toward midnight.   I opened the last bottle of my 10-year-old mead.  I think I'm the only one who likes it.  It was very good.  It's dry, and a little richer tasting than wine.  Very clear.  We don't do much that would be exciting to anyone else.  Sit and talk and wait for midnight, pretty much, followed by the traditional egg cassarole and monkey bread for breakfast.
 
I bought the Chronicles of Narnia right before Christmas.  We went to see the move (The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe) Monday.  It was very good.  So I cracked open the book the other day to get started on the rest of it.
 
Got the parents "Christmas" coming this weekend, then the 22nd meeting of the January Club the next weekend.  We'll all be...
 
42
 
I know that's GOTTA mean something ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment