Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Long time, no post, I know

When we last left our hero, he had just sent an incompatible memory stick back in an attempt to upgrade his computer. Got the new one, and now I have 1.2GB of memory in my cratchety 3 year old box. At least I think that's how old it is.

I also got a 19" flat-panel LCD monitor to replace the 15 year old SGI 17" CRT monitor I've had for 10 years. I had no idea how bad it was. I put it side by side with one at work. There was no brightness, no contrast. No wonder my eyes hurt.

I also got a big, honkin' 250GB hard drive to help manage my music files and photos.

Then we went to Fort Wayne for the 60th reunion of the 671st army unit my father-in-law served in in WWII. The group, as you might expect, is getting smaller and there are many more widows than soldiers left. A couple of guys who normally come couldn't make it this year due to health issues. But there are sons and daughters and even grandkids sometimes that come to this. It's pretty neat.

The following weekend it was high time for a Groves visit. The kids had soccer games on Saturday. Nathanial's team lost, but he scored 5 out of the 6 goals his team scored. Cassie's team won handily, and it was good to see her out there running around.

Mark whipped up some awesome cornish game hens on the grill for Saturday dinner, and Cami made this low-carb veggie salad with a balsamic vinegar/splenda dressing which was very good. And we can't forget the Snoopy Waffles for breakfast on Sunday, and the cornish-game hen pot-pie for dinner.


We helped Brian and Kristin move to their new place on Thursday night -- we rented a truck to make it go faster. Which helped. We've been in a rather wet weather pattern, too, for which I thought the truck might come in handy. But the rain held off for us.

Back to Fort Wayne last weekend to get Mom for her birthday and Mother's day. Vicki got her 8 cards for her 88th birthday on May 8. If she'd've been born a year later, we would have been doing it in 2008 as well. Well you can't have it all, can you?

We had a nice spaghetti dinner, and the boys and their respective women over, and cheesecake for dessert. A very nice evening.

And back to Fort Wayne this weekend to take her back. Then it's off to a conference for me. I'll be ready for a slowdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment