Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Holiday Frenzy

The Holiday Frenzy is subsiding. We had a lovely Christmas with Mom & the boys, the traditional oyster stew & cinnamon pears Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day -- the prime rib and red cabage.

Went to see Mark's play on the 23rd -- it was very funny.

Kevin got a digital camera. Brian got stuff for his house, mostly, and some DVDs. Vicki got some jewelry, and a pretty fleece pullover she wanted, along with a pair of Jack Vetraino paintings (prints, actually -- of course).

Me, I got an electric guitar. It was a pawn shop buy, and I knew about it -- it was a fixer-upper, and fix it up I did. It's a Bruno Conqueror -- probably made in the late 1960's (1967?) as a knockoff of a 1950's Gibson 335 ES hollow body electric. It's a nice guitar. I replaced the two volume controls, and added the missing tone controls -- and got some new knobs, and wired the thing correctly with this wiring kit.

Tom & Betty & Joel and Dawn came in for Bro-fest. It was 67 degrees here New Year's Eve, and it is traditional to have a fire going in the fireplace for Bro-Fest. Well, it was too darned hot... so I drilled seven 1.5" holes in some logs, put them on the fire grate, and put little tea lite candles in each hole -- two logs. That was our fire.

A few days ago, I found a Lord of the Rings replica ceramic pipe -- pretty cool. So I had a New Years pipe with the smokers on the balcony.

2005 successfully got here, as you can see.

I've always been fascinated by Tsunamis -- so the dreadful catastrophy that scourged the rim of the Indian Ocean got my mind going again on them. It's just so difficult to imagine the scale of the forces involved. But I found this on the BBC website and it was pretty good.

Right then. Well -- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment