Thursday, June 15, 2006

New Toy

It's here.

A Pentax *ist DL with a Tamron 28-300 mm lens. A digital SLR. Nice. Hefty. Very, very flexible.

Still learning the ins and outs of it. It does have a cool "continuous shooting mode" which helped me get this shot of Vicki coming across the street to the neighbors house where I was doing a little show and tell. (I had to muck her right arm in PaintShop Pro because there was a car mirror partially obscuring her lower arm and part of her hand.) But it's a great picture of her.

Took Ev to the KC airport Tuesday and while there went to lunch with Mark. He showed me around his company's new building, (pretty nice!) and we went to lunch at the Peanut. Had some awesome hot wings.

I dropped by Cummins tools on the way back to get a scope for my pellet rifle. The sites aren't real good on it. They had one for $7. Perfect. And while I was there they had a 7x7 American Camper tent that weighs, from what I can tell, about 4 lbs and 10 or so oz -- perfect for two people lightweight backpacking. Rolls up very compact.

Went to Maguey's with the Williams' & Daryl last night for dinner. Back home of course I played with my camera some more. And they're re-surfacing the concrete surface on Providence -- working nights. Right now they're scoring the road with some heavy machinery, I assume to help the asphalt stick. It's a slow process, and we could hear the machinery all night long last night as they were working right up the hill from our house.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some tasteful pictures from the new toy in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment