Sunday, February 03, 2008

Rapelling?

Me?

Ryan wanted to show me how to do it. I suppose it isn't like rock climbing, or especially cliff-climbing -- which I can't see myself doing.

We went on walkabout yesterday to the New Spot. Ryan brought ropes, a carabiner, and a decender. And of course all the usual walkabout stuff.

We hiked in in the snow -- about an inch fell on Thursday night, but the day warmed to 48 degrees and all the snow on the southern slopes melted off.

It was sunny enough to start a fire with a magnifying glass and some dry leaves. Ryan brought his grill and made a poor boy packets, and I brought a cornish game hen.



Also used up a bunch of old .22LR ammo Ryan said he needed to use up. I did my best to chase an empty soda can around on the ground with some hand-to-eye coordination practice.


We did the rapelling while lunch cooked. And passed the time with a little Wild Turkey and a pipe and before we knew it it was time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment