Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Leilani Gets a Makeover

My bobble-hula doll Leilani has been in the back of my car for a few years now. She came with a cheap plastic skirt, which I replaced with a home-made embroidery thread skirt.

Which doesn't make me any less of a man. ;-)

The sun bleached out her skin in several areas, and the combed out embroidery threads were falling off her waist band. She needed a make over.

I didn't take any "before" pictures, but I got some craft paints and re-did her skin and hair -- and the grass, which had turned from green to blue. I also used some fringe border for the skirt. It gave a nicer waist band, since it was built in to the border. I cut it off to an appropriate length. The thread has more weight and actually swishes some ... which the last one didn't.

So my University of Margaritaville car has it's "masthead" figure refreshed and restored and, frankly, looking better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment