Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Agenda

Those who know me know that I'm typically not agenda-driven -- at least not in any strict, tight sense of the word.

Here was the agenda for the week:
  • Go to Rocky Mountain National Park, probably via the C86/C119/C72/C7 scenic route.
  • Hike.
  • Climb Longs Peak, weather permitting (the major goal)
  • Drive up Trail Ridge Road.
  • Camp.
  • See Brad Fitch, schedule permitting.
None of that in any particular order, other than getting to the Park would obviously have to come first.

I hadn't reserved a camp site. Last time, in early to mid June 2005, I had no problems staying in Moraine Park just re-reserving my camp site every night. This time I knew it might be more crowded, but I didn't want to reserve a camp site I hadn't seen. I'd stayed in 101 and 102 last time on loop A. They were a couple of walk-in sites that were up a hill with a rocky knob hiding the RV's and other non-walk-in sites. They had a nice view of Longs Peak over the trees. But they were under renovation this time. Another thing on the agenda was to check out camp sites for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment