Sunday, September 03, 2006

Donavon Frankenreiter

I mentioned going to see "Snakes on a Plane".

About the most memorable thing about it was the opening song while the credits were running -- a song called "Lovely Day" by Donavon Frankenreiter.

I'd never heard of him, but I looked up the song on the soundtrack and listened to the rest of his stuff that's available on Rhapsody. It's really good stuff.

Despite the fact that Rhapsody lists him in the "Adult Alternative" category (alternative to what?) -- he has, in my opinion, strong Jesse Colin Young & Johnathan Edwards influences -- both good things in my book. Not that anything by Jesse Colin Young they have on Rhapsody is even a shadow of the classic Song for Juli album I'm mostly thinking of.

Donavon's music is very... "Phil". Reccomended.

update: Turns out this dude is a surfer-turned-musician. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment