Thursday, April 15, 2004

She hasn't got time for the pain

Well, on the MRI I had a choice between 6:30am or 2:30pm. I figured 6:30 would get it out of the way and possibly get it over to my doctor that day so she can make her decision faster. Plus I have my guitar lesson this afternoon at 1:00.... and it only takes 15 minutes to get anywhere in Columbia. 10 minutes at 6:00 am ;-)

The MRI took longer than the one on my head last year. This time I had to lay still for about 30 minutes. The lady doing it wasn't much fun. I guess it was too early for her. No cracking a smile on her. But she was at least courteous and professional, so no complaints.

As for Vicki, her throat still hurts bad this morning -- she thinks maybe the codiene might give her headaches, but she doesn't care. She said "Oh, I'm taking it, trust me!" It's so sore the amoxycillin hurts.

I brought her warm tea and an ice pack for her head, and she took all of her drugs. By the time I got the trash out she was asleep so I didn't bother to say goodbye and just left for work quietly.